For our complete consignment policy and agreement click here to view and print.
Madelyn Rose Consignment is an upscale designer consignment boutique. All items must be in excellent shape. In order to better serve the consignor and our clients, we will not be over stocking our racks and shelves. If we find that we don’t think an item will do well at our store, please don’t take offense! We still like you! We just need to be very selective to create and maintain the store image that we have in mind. Clothes need to be freshly laundered or dry cleaned, either folded neatly in shopping bags (no garbage bags, please), or on hangers, and completely odor and stain free. Any items that are found to have spots or tears after drop off will need to be picked up within 3 days or will be donated after that time has expired.
Checks will be issued the month after the consignment period is over.
- Price of items is determined upon agreement of consignor and owner of Madelyn Rose Consignment.
- You will receive 50% of the selling price of your items.
- All items are subject to price reductions. Every attempt to sell the item at full set price will be made for the first 30 days of consignment. The price will decrease by 20% the second 30 days and then 30% the last 30 days. Please inform the store if you are not willing to sell below a certain price but would rather have your items returned to you instead of taking the reduced price. High end designer pieces will not follow this policy but will instead decrease in price by 10% each month for a total of 20% off the asking price during the last 30 days of the consignment period. If any of your pieces qualify as designer high end, they will be listed in the comment section at the end of this contract.
- Items will be held for 5 business days beyond the expiration of the contract date. After this time, any items not picked up will become the property of Madelyn Rose Consignment.
- It is the responsibility of the consignor to collect their items at the conclusion of the contract period according to the terms of this contract. We will not be notifying consignors regarding their time frames so please be sure to keep a copy of your contract and refer to the dates listed.
- We are not responsible for any damaged, lost or stolen items.
- Please schedule an appointment to pick up your items unless you have called ahead to let us know that you will be doing so. If calling ahead, please give at least 2 days advanced notice to give us time to collect any of your unsold items.
PLEASE NOTE: MADELYN ROSE CONSIGNMENT DOES NOT ASSUME RESPONSIBILITY NOR DO WE REIMBURSE CONSIGNORS FOR LOSS OR DAMAGE DUE TO FIRE, THEFT OR ANY OTHER REASON. ALL RISK OF OWNERSHIP SHALL STAY WITH THE CONSIGNOR.